Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
OK. I got it. The URL in the second part of the script needs to be the URL for your website. The current URL is the developers page.

In the attached screensho I replaced the URL with my website and this is what I get www.gwpriester.com/fb-test
Hi
Having now got a bloodied head and no hair I again removed all the placehoder details and went to the Design gallery and dragged and dropped the facebook widget without creating a rectangle 1st.
Xara created a placeholder and gave me the Facebook set up screens, I did exactly what you said and changed the web address to my web site and copied both pieces of code to notepad, then highlighted both and clicked insert from the facebook page. I then published it.
Nothing still the same ...except i saw that the white background had disappeared and at the very top left hand side were two almost invisible icon _ the Facebook icons and they are clickable!!!!!!......(go see my web site).....but i still have the face book like and share at the bottom of the page - not clickable.
The Xara page as it is now shows me the white background and I cannot see the two icons at the top - whats happened I don't know.
with a big headache now
Steve