Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Is there a "simple" way of giving fill to empty outlines?
    I often import drawings via WMF or copy-paste from Autocad and try to give them a solid or gradient fill in Xara. I can't.
    I have not found a simple way to do this and I always end up having to redraw the shape (usually many vertices) on top of the imported drawing. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    Juan

Is there a "simple" way of giving fill to empty outlines?
    I often import drawings via WMF or copy-paste from Autocad and try to give them a solid or gradient fill in Xara. I can't.
    I have not found a simple way to do this and I always end up having to redraw the shape (usually many vertices) on top of the imported drawing. Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    Juan

This is a thing I need too. I try to avoid .wmf files period, but in your case it's part of your workload, and a 'close shapes' command would be the perfect little extra in xaraX. I'd trade the bevel tool (but not the contour tool) for this..
    Maybe you shouldnt buy yet another program, but if its a regular job you need to do, its worth buying it.

What I do is import the image into Freudhand8 (alright, "Freehand8" ..but it's the one app that drives me insane) and then select all the outline bits, hit 'modify'-'join' and deselect then reselect the image and it should be easily fillable. Havent tried it with the zillions of lines in a wmf, but for everything I do, including multiple fractured outlines, it works fine. Beats going on a search-and-join-the-node mission in xara wireframe view.

Send the graphic back to xara via AI for fills etc, and get out of Freudhand fast, back to the world of true anti-aliasing.. phew.

Q