I guess we all have different expectiations of Xara

But I actually don't use it much for vectors, I use it for about everything else, especially creating / preparing printed material (leaflets, business cards, door signs, etc.) for which it is overkill but fantastic (saves loads of time compared with regular powerpoint or word or whatever). I also use it for building a regular (static) website.

IMHO, though vector graphs might have been Xara's origin, the focus seems to be on being a bit unfocussed which is fine in my book: I need it to be a jack of all trades.

So, from that perspective, tables are almost an essential. I don't consider them NOT a part of simple DTP, I consider them an essential part of DTP and web production.

I must say, Xara is better than I expected, I guess my wish list isn't even that extensive IMHO ofcourse...

- somewhat better documentation / implementation of webgadgets
- better import of PDF's (keep them WYSIWYG)
- table support (no matter how simple)
- support of asian (multibyte) fonts

A more specific wish would be support for master pages in the web designer, but I'd rather have the above fixed first, they are more essential for the typical (small business) user. I guess that's a different background: I'm not a graphic artist, I'm a small entrepreneur...