Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: File Open Dialogue in X10 x64

likewise.

Here's a workaround to get back the same "File, open dialogues as in version 9. It was kindly provided by someone on Facebook.

If you are using Vista or above then you get the Vista style file selector.

There is an entry in the registry, that when set, causes Xara Designer Pro 10 to revert to the old style open file dialog box.

For Designer Pro 10, the key is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\10\Optio ns\Preferences

The value you need to modify is "VistaFileDialogs" and this needs to be changed from the default value of 1 to 0

Remember, changing the wrong values in the registry can mess your machine up, so be careful!

I wonder if Xara10 is reason why I have recently been getting Window Explorer 7 crashes now in some of my other apps. I get errors and Explorer window locks and Explorer crashes and I am taken back to my Desktop in which there are no shortcut icons, only the desktop background. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to be able to logoff. Once I do that then I can log back in and everything is back to normal. I never had this happen until 3 weeks ago. I do check for Win updates religiously and scanned for viruses using Window Security.

I was getting loads of Explorer crashes. In my case it was Google Drive that was causing it.