Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default jQuery embed into Xara?

Hi!
    I have free jquery carousel flash which I intend to put into my page. Iīve read about jQuery codes but unfortunatelly canīt get it to load into Xara. Am I suppose to change photos and text only or do I need to "reload" and "create" from beginning html codes???
    Can somebody explain in simple words/steps how to load it,which files exactly and where,īcause it seems to be lots different infos how to do so.
    Any help appreciates.

Default Re: jQuery embed into Xara?

Hang on until Acorn checks in. He'll have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Miramar View Post
    Hi!
    I have free jquery carousel flash which I intend to put into my page. Iīve read about jQuery codes but unfortunatelly canīt get it to load into Xara. Am I suppose to change photos and text only or do I need to "reload" and "create" from beginning html codes???
    Can somebody explain in simple words/steps how to load it,which files exactly and where,īcause it seems to be lots different infos how to do so.
    Any help appreciates.
    Sorry both, no answer as I would need to know what "jquery carousel flash" the OP is referring to.
    Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hang on until Acorn checks in. He'll have an answer.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK Miramar. Can you provide more specific information?

Itīs alled 3DCarouselMenuAS2FX as I can see as Flash called. Inside folder there is: images,3DCarouselMenuAS2FX flash,images XML-doc,index HTML doc,readme doc,settings XML-doc,swfobject-JS script.
    Now-when I load mine own photos and run index HTML it shows as it should be.
    But how and what to load into Placeholder? Iīm Reading about jQuery but there are lots of diverse informations how and what to do.
    Whatever I do it shows in Placeholder only the name of this software/flash with no effect.
    When I loaded this soft it said to change photos and put html code into page. Am I missing something or do I need to create new HTML doc after putting my own photos?
    Any help,please. Since it seems to be lots of confusions about jQuery on different sites and by diverse authors.

It doesn't use jQuery. It renders a SWF format file.

In Xara, create a box 600 x 400 px.
    Select the box.
    Open Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML code (body).
    Place all the code describe in the first code box at http://www.flashxml.net/3d-carousel-...i-free-install for the General site into the Xara box Placholder.

You have to fid the path of 3DCarouselMenuAS2FX.swf to where you have uploaded this file and updateswfobject.embedSWF("3DCarouselMenuAS2FX.swf","Div3DCarouselMenuAS2FX","600","400","9.0.0",false, flashvars, params);

The rest is down to you.

In the end, I would not use this approach. It is an old application and it is presenting images in an SWF format that may devices are now ignoring.

If you are adding your own images, the paths of these need to be placed into the XML file.

It is all very messy.
    All the best nonetheless,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK,many thanks for your replay!
    Iīll try described option just to learn how it works.
    You say itīs an old app...would you recommend some beautiful,a bit odd 3D carousel apps which fit into Xara 7,and maybe some generall info how to install/embed them in Xara?
    This would help me a lot to understand and learn more about jQuery. It seems like jungle with all these codes.
    Thanks in advance!