I tried starting Xara with Run As Administrator and saving yet another "default" template with, as always, the "Use as default template" checked but to no avail. They all are saving properly and are listed in the File>New dropdown menu along with all of the others when I want to select a new workspace. And it is saving to the correct folder (Templates>ENG) because it's where I've been going to delete all of my attempts

Thanks for the suggestions. I apologize for posting in this section of the forum but the original post was exactly my issue too and it seems like Web Design and P&G share the same structure. The feature does work with P&G9 so I thought that I wasn't finding a new field in this updated version that was similar here. The couple of extra clicks on startup aren't that big of a deal but it was just something I had gotten used to having. I'm probably just gonna sit on it and if my problem doesn't go away with the next update maybe I'll repost (unfortunately) in the correct P&G forum. Thanks again!