Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PC to Mac software

Hiya - Just in case it is possible... I purchased Premium 10 for PC recently, but have since swapped to a MacBook. Is there anyway I can transfer the program to the Mac, without having to pay for new software?

Thanks guys

Cat

Default Re: PC to Mac software

Xara products don't run on Mac's Cat. You can run it through a PC emulator on your Mac however. I don't have a Mac but someone with more knowledge on the matter will be along shortly I'm sure.
    You won't have to buy an Xara software.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg. I'll have to look up 'PC Emulator' does now I look out for any other recommendations

Have a good weekend!
    Cat

Parallels is one of the more used emulators http://www.parallels.com/landingpage...erride=1&src=b

There are several others. Check back because we have a few members running Xara products on Macs and I know there are pluses and minuses to each of these.

The expense for you would be the software for the emulator won't run without the Windows software. And then there is the antivirus. But that being said, speed does not slow down running Windows in emulations and actually have the same Mac Tower for 8 years now. Does all I need it to do. I copy and paste between the Mac Programs depending upon what I am doing, I get work in Word files and can copy .jpgs, png files. Other files I have to share I go through .pdf software and open up the file. Most items are interpreted correctly but the parts that are not, have to be reworked. Once you learn the workaround, it isn't a hassle so much.

Hi Cat.
    I have, both Parallels and VMware Fusion. I can't say that one is better than the other.
    I've had occasions to phone both companies and received equally good response.
    If anything, I tend to use Parallels more.

Install the emulator, install Windows, install anti-virus and then install all the other software, such as Xara.
    There are minor things to set up as well. I set up ALT+P to capture screen (Print Screen).
    But, all in all, no problems at all.
    And I've been using Xara, this way for three years.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone