Hi Grant—

First...my bad. I meant the Selector tool and evidently I wrote Pick tool. The Pick tool is in CorelDRAW, and it performs the same thing as Xara's Selector tool. I use and document several programs and once in a while I fail to keep them straight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Selector tool.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	102698

You can use the Shape tool and the Selector tool to rearrange control points along a path, but the Selector tool has no control points to select unless you've got Show Objects edit handles (nodes, points, who cares?) enabled of the Infobar as my screen snag shows.

As far as the grain in the pictures being contiguous, that the front grain perfectly continues onto the bottom right, I never encouraged this or recommended it, did I?

It would take a wicked long time—if ever, because:

• The photo is slanted, and unless the front face, for example, slanted to exactly the same degree, it's no longer a seamless tiling image.

• I you actually sawed this cube out of piece of wood, there would be no grain continuity, because the front grain is traveling in one direction, and the cross-grain is moving in at least one mostly unique direc tion. So your piece is good as is, but if you want to mess with it further:

• Ctrl+Click on the side piece, let's say, to edit it outside of its confines within the group. Then with the SELECTOR tool , click+drag the convergence point in the center of the fill handles and move it around until the grain along the edge of the two faces looks right. Rule #23 in Art is: if it looks right, it IS right.

BTW, while you have that sinle piece selected, you can click the Show Rotation handles button, to the right of the Show Fill handles, and rotate the corner control points to try to even out the continuity of the edge a little more.

You work is very good, by the way!

My Best,

Gary