Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web designer slideshow issue

I have created a slideshow in Web Premium based on grouping a few thumbnail pics together and then using the pop-up option.
    I am now trying to set up different slideshow using the same technique on the same web page but all the pics in each slideshow somehow seem to merge with each other when i run a preview, even though the pic groups in each slideshow are separate. Hv tried putting a separate slideshow on a new layer but the programme just assumes i want all the pics lumped into one slideshow! Is there a workaround for this? Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Default Re: Web designer slideshow issue

Try the Nivo Slider (Design Gallery). You can have more than one of these on the page and they will run separately.

Aware of that alright and hv used Nivo Slider on another page. The problem is it is not suited to my requirements here as I hv a thumbnail with other similar sized images stacked exactly (ie pasted in place) below it. Each slideshow is intended to show different aspects of a child adoption programme - adoption, micro-finance and projects - so I need them to have distinct photos to illustrate each aspect. Bit frustrating really. Doesn't make sense that the programme cannot differentiate between different groups of photos but just assumes they are all part of one big slideshow if on the same page - or perhaps on multiple pages...

If you are using the pop-up images with the slide show option then you are, as far as I know, you can only use one per page.

You might consider a Presentation Website. This works like PowerPoint and you should be able to present your information this way. Do a search Help > Index > Presentation Website for more information.

See this page for a tutorial http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook88/