I like it, stygg, and I wasn't singling you out, or at least did not intend to concerning the (over) use of the fonts at the top of one's font list!

Because Windows 7 and 8 (and Vista) come in 64x versions, and because their location of fonts, and lack of the notorious *.ini file, our systems are capable of loading and offering in an instant over 1,000 typefaces, probably more, I'm tapped out at about 900. Which suggests two things:

1.) I should wise up and buy a font manager for swapping sets of fonts in and out on-the-fly, and

2.) Everyone should create a default template and use it that has the default typeface in the "N" range, such as picking out the inoffensive New Century Schoolbook. You do this by taking the Text tool, clicking an insertion point on the page, typing absolutely nothing, and then choosing an "N" font from the list and a decent viewing point size,,,12 to 16 does it for me at full page viewing resolution. Fil>Save Template, name it and check the Use as default template box. Exit, close the file without saving and you got a new default template. By the way, you can specify rounded or butt caps on lines and default colors and stuff while you're at custom izing your own default template, too, you know.

What's the purpose of this? To get everyone away from reflexively choosing Arial. Your new template when you choose it with have New Century Schoolbook as the default font, and even if you don't want to use it:

1.) You're in the dead center of all the installed fonts, not at the top or bottom. Therefore, you only have to scroll half as much when looking in either the up or down direction for a good font.

2.) It helps explore what you have on your machine, Newcastle it forces you to look around more as you scroll through the desired font. You'd be amazed at the typefaces programs (including Xara) go installing behind your back, shame on them

Explore.
Fail or succeed.
Repeat.

My Best,

Gary