Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasteboard background - Foto

I tryed for 2 hours to place a photo in to the pasteboard background, so that it fills the whole screen. I don't succeed to
    place the picture into the position I want. The photo is quite big (3500x2625px; 9.2MP) so I want to reduce it without
    loosen too much of its sharpness. How ?

I made the following steps to place the picture in to the pasteboard background:
    1. I imported the picture File/import into the mouse off layer
    2. on dialog box "Do you want to reduce the resolution of the pictures.."; I clicked yes.
    3. I placed the picture, starting on the top left corner of the page and draged it until a bit over the page.
    4. Then right click on the photo (the part which was overlapping the page) and Pasteboard background/Fill browser window
    5. The Picture places it self quite a bit over the page behind the original picture
    6. I deleted the original picture.
    7. Preview..

Wow...now, it works :-) While I'm writing these steps I solved the problem by myself, it seems :-). I post this message anyway. Maybe it helps
    somebody who has/had the same problem. If I did something wrong in placing a picture in to the pasteboard background, I would, of course appreciate any better "best practise".

Regards,
    Erde

Default Re: Pasteboard background - Foto

A background image that is that large can really slow down the page when it loads.

But if it works for you...

Default Re: Pasteboard background - Foto

Yes, you're right. I scaled it down now. And it loads a lot better. Thanks.