Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouse over issues

In Web Designer 9 Premium, I am having problems on the mouse over layer creating and publishing a mouse over. I have seven pictures on mouseoff layer, I unlock and select the mouseover layer, type in text boxes the message for each photo. Publish and the mouse over only works on three of the seven pictures. checked to make sure all text boxes are on the mouseover layer, they are. I have copied and even cloned the text box that does work to move to a different photo, still doesn't work. I can't figure out what is different from one text box to the next?? 3 work and 4 don't.
    Any suggestions? Much appreciated

Default Re: Mouse over issues

Can you post a screen shot of what you are trying to do?

I wonder if separate layers might not be better for what you are doing.

The mouse off > mouse over layers are better suited to navigation buttons. But they can be used for photos,

I used photos on the mouse over layer on this site www.placitasartists.com

Each photo is the same size and that may make a difference.

On my page www.gwpriester.com http://www.gwpriester.com/Logo-Design.html I used both mouse over layer for the small photos and then individual layers for the large photos. Each small photo is linked to its own pop up layer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Can you post a screen shot of what you are trying to do?

I wonder if separate layers might not be better for what you are doing.

The mouse off > mouse over layers are better suited to navigation buttons. But they can be used for photos,

I used photos on the mouse over layer on this site www.placitasartists.com

Each photo is the same size and that may make a difference.

On my page www.gwpriester.com http://www.gwpriester.com/Logo-Design.html I used both mouse over layer for the small photos and then individual layers for the large photos. Each small photo is linked to its own pop up layer.
    Gw
    I think I attached the screen shot, not sure how to show in post. but here is website in development www.loosechickconnection.com . Mouse over works on Annie and Seemore and Hen house picture not the others, even tho there is text on the mouseover layers for the other pics. When I check the mouse over layer, it shows all 7 text areas listed and properties all seem identical. I created a layer 5 and mad a text box for the Woody Naylor pic. will publish and see if mouseover works that way.

I love what you did on the logo-design.html page. That's what I would love to do. I have other pages I could use that function on. There was a movie in the help section but has been removed. Where can I find the right instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_shot_one.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	100318  
    Last edited by gwpriester; 20 January 2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Edited link

here is second screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_shot_two.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	100319  

Check your layers (no pun intended). In the Page and Layer Gallery, click the S icon (to isolate just the contents of that layer) on the Mouse Over layer and make sure your content is there.

The check your trigger graphics (the links that make the text appear) and make sure they are linked.

It is very easy to forget to press Apply when you add a link.

BTW, love the site.

What you have created are gloried buttons with the card on the MouseOff and the text on the MouseOver layers.
    Where it may have gone awry is you need to select both card and text and Soft Group them.
    When soft-grouped, you then have to apply a link to go to the required page.

When published, moving over the soft group will display the text.

The one,small problem you will then be up against is the extent of the soft group is not the visible area of the card, it is the horizontal width and the vertical height; imagine fitting the card into a box where you cannot rotate it to make the box smaller.
    As this happens, you will have larger overlap areas than you planned and so you need to ensure you have placed all your cards in the the best order for a visitor moving a pointer across your site. I get round this by making a smaller box on the MouseOff layer that is near transparent and soft-grouping with that instead.

Acorn

Acorn, Thanks that was the issue. Hey, I really appreciate the help and hope I can return the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by rdp5000 View Post
    Acorn, Thanks that was the issue. Hey, I really appreciate the help and hope I can return the favor.
    Keep on posting, bugs, problems or hints and successes.
    Other TGers then engage more and we all benefit.

Acorn