Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
A quick question. Was the eye the full size of your drawing area on the tablet?
Acorn
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition as an improved screen res of 2560x1600, over the Note 3 and regular Note 10.1. Make sure you buy the right version. The colors are more brillaint than on my Surface2Pro (1920x1080). The eye sketch was drawn at 1280x800 and 3 layers, most of the time filling the screen or slightly zoomed out to see the edges of the total image. The uploaded image is only 800x500. I only had to zoom in a few times for the iris detail. The pinch touch zooming/scrolling works great. I never felt like the tablet was too small. If you lay it flat, it is so slim that your hand can rest on the table if needed. The super slim and light stylus seemed too small at first, but in actual use it becomes natural and you don't focus on it, you can just draw. The stylus has a side button which I don't use yet, I am not sure about an eraser end. The stylus-to-cursor registration is much better than the Surface2Pro. There is a bigger Galaxay Note 12.2 on the way with the same 2560x1600 screen resolution that might be handier for a workstation, but then you would would lose some of the portability factor and one handed web surfing. The 10.1 is very light and slim and all self-contained. The Surface2Pro is more of a full on computer and you could write a book with it with the accessory mouse and keyboard.

Here are some of the image size options in Sketchbook Pro for Android on this tablet:
1280x800 18 layers
1920x1080 11 layers
2560x1600 6 layers
2560x2560 3 layers