Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Internet Explorer Compaibility Mode and photo widgets.

I searched and could not find any subject with regards to compatibility mode with regards to internet explorer.

I am working on a site that only has one minor issue with regards to the photo widgets on the page. I am using the fixed tab tweak for my menu titles and everytning is set up to run under this menu on the site as you scroll down

Everything is working 100% so far, except the photo widgets on the page(when you scroll they run over top of the menu bar in internet explorer 11 and Chrome or any other version of a browser.
    If i switch to compatibility mode in internet explorer it runs perfect. The widgets run under the menu bar as i have designed in XARA 9
    If i dont run in compatibilty mode in the browser it runs over top of the menu bar which is what i had not intended.

1.Is there a code I can add to the page so that when the customer goes in to the site it automatically changes to compatibilty mode or is this an issue with XARA with the current browsers?
    2. Is this just an issue with the photo widgets in xara?

I have checked the layers in XARA and it all looks good

Everything I have on the page runs under my top menu bar (fixed tab tweak) when you scroll down the page except for the 4 photo widgets i have placed on the page.

Here is the test site I am building to test it out. It is no where complete. All i know is that if i switch to compatiblity mode in internet explorer it runs the way i designed it to be and that is having the widgets run show under the menus at the top

Here is an example os th issue

http://www.blueprint4artists.com/

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Internet Explorer Compaibility Mode and photo widgets.

Two suggestions.

The first is a site style change by making the menu bar into a vertical one so it never touches the widgets.

The second is to place the photo widgets each on their own page (e.g, photoWidgetPage1), which is the exact dimensions of the current widget.
    In the areas where the widgets currently are, insert in IFRAME widget, the 'Embed a website' widget, with code like this appearing in the Placeholder HTML Code (body) of each of the four areas:

1. <iframe src="photoWidgetPage1.htm" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" name="photo_widget_1_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    2. <iframe src="photoWidgetPage2.htm" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" name="photo_widget_2_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    3. <iframe src="photoWidgetPage3.htm" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" name="photo_widget_3_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    4. <iframe src="photoWidgetPage4.htm" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" name="photo_widget_4_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>

Acorn

Default Re: Internet Explorer Compaibility Mode and photo widgets.

I will give that a shot

Thank you for your help
    Appreciate it