Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Someone--Anyone--Please help!

Brand new at this and trying to do screen saver--trying to get 3 different animations in same ssaver. Some examples on XARA3D home page shows that it is possible BUT I tried for hours--I can only get one animation for all the words. I have page breaks and highlighted portions and still only 1 animation for all.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Someone--Anyone--Please help!

Brand new at this and trying to do screen saver--trying to get 3 different animations in same ssaver. Some examples on XARA3D home page shows that it is possible BUT I tried for hours--I can only get one animation for all the words. I have page breaks and highlighted portions and still only 1 animation for all.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

I am putting a copy of This (your) topic into the Xara 3D forum, hopefully your question will get answered there.

Welcome to the boards, Makemoola.

This is a pretty simple fix. You can actually do it a couple of different ways.

The first way is within the main window.
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Select the I-beam button and, holding down the shift-key, use the arrow keys to highlight the bottom line of text.
    <LI> Now type in your text
    <LI> Go to the next line of text by hitting the backspace key or the up arrow, move to the end of the line and repeat the steps above until you're finished.
    <LI> That's it![/list]

The second way is accomplished in the same fashion as above, but you do it within the "Text Window" by clicking on the "T" button.

Just for your information, Xara looks at the animations of the three lines separately. If you delete all of the text, Xara no longer sees the three animations, but one.

Also, you'll have to adjust the text sizes individually, as well. For example, one of the screensavers has a line of text that says "Version 5", with the word "Version" being smaller than the number "5". To accomplish this, use the I-beam, select the text you want to resize, then play with the options.

Make sense?

Don't have time to explain further or provide you with an example photo, but I'll check back later. If this didn't help, we'll get you fixed up.

Art

Thanks for reply BUT-----
    You said "highlight text--then type in text!"
    That kind of threw me---lol---anyway--I have 3 lines of text all with page breaks at the end of them--I want to make all line a different animation. I seem to be able to change the letters in 1 line-but only to a different form of the same animation-like it will rotate in different directions but I cant make 1 line rotate and 1 line swing. Also in example on home page it shows 2 lines overlapping each other--example 2nd line about 1/2 way into 1st line and all three lines animated differntly. I do apologize if I am not telling this very coherantly but simple I want 3 lines of text to move independently with different animations. Is that possible?

Thanks again for any help--I feel like an idiot--but it is my 2nd day on it and I am NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer!!!

TIM

Nope you're not an idiot. Everything you do has a learning curve involved with it, so questions are to be expected. Unfortunately, communicating on the internet can be difficult. So, we'll just take it slow and work through this together.

I mis-read your initial post somewhat and may have given you some info. that wasn't necessary. You are correct that Xara only allows variations of the same animation type. You can mix rotation types, but not rotate and swing. Also, I don't think you can have a rotate 1 and a rotate 2, either. If you can, I haven't figured it out, yet http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I'm not sure of which example you're referring to exactly, but I "think" it's this one?

http://www.xara.com/products/xara3d/...3lineswing.gif

If that's the case, it's actually only one animation type (swing 1, with a wave added to the third line).

I'm not sure if you have the cd version or the download version, but here's the file that I think you're talking about.

Use the I-beam to look at the different characteristics of each line, such as animation, line spacing, color, bevels, etc. You'll see see that one line the text is a swing in the forward direction, whereas the next is backward. But keep in mind that Xara has it's limitations. Believe me, you learn to live with them. It's a great tool!

Now, at this point, you can follow my original instructions. Try modifying this file to your liking.

I'm not sure if I'm helping you at all, but I certainly hope so. As I said at the beginning of this post, internet communication isn't always that great, PLUS, I'm writing this on my break time at work so.....it's a rush-rush thing.

I'll check in later to see how you're doing.

Art
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the help--I got it to do some of what I wanted thanks to your help and the file that I downloaded.
    I will keep trying diffferent things and again THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!