Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Upload Issues Help!

Xara is uploading all my files, but only the background is showing on my home page. The fonts.css and fontsie.css files are showing up empty. A lot of the image files are showing zero. I have used a third party ftp. I have deleted all the files on my computer & on the server and exported and re-uploaded. I downloaded trial version premium 9 (I have MX Premium.) I have downloaded updates to both. Nothing is working. I was on the phone for an hour with my server people. They said it has nothing to do with the server and they tried to figure out what was wrong & they couldn't. Except to say they thought Xara was doing something to corrupt files. Using Windows 7 64 bit.

Please help. I have a lot of client web sites created with Xara. I'm afraid to update them for fear the same thing will happen. I don't want to have to redo 100s of pages. Everything was fine until a couple days ago.
    Last edited by cyberspirit; 02 December 2013 at 08:48 PM.

Default Re: Upload Issues Help!

I think I'm right in saying that the patch doesn't cover the trial version
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Well the patch would have covered MX Premium right? That's not trial, it's registered.

Maybe the patch was downloaded automatically several days ago and that's what is causing the problems.

The patch only appeared today. MX Premium unfortunately not covered, Xara version 9 programs only

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...news&newsid=40
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Far as I have heard so far, you have to go to Help and click Search for Updates. The patch was released this morning (Monday 12/2)

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    The patch only appeared today. MX Premium unfortunately not covered, Xara version 9 programs only

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...news&newsid=40
    I have Designer 7 premium as well. So does this mean for me to download the patch to fix the problem I have to purchase Designer Premium 9? I didn't have this issue until Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspirit View Post
    I have Designer 7 premium as well. So does this mean for me to download the patch to fix the problem I have to purchase Designer Premium 9? I didn't have this issue until Thanksgiving.
    I turned off IE11 and that didn't fix it.

I turned off IE11

What exactly does that mean?

Xara appears to be using some libraries or features associated with Internet Explorer. It's not about running the software it's about the libraries installed by Internet Explorer, whether you use it or not. Something has changed in the installed files since IE11 was released and this has broken some functionality.

You really have three choices, I understand.

1) Revert back to Internet Explorer 10.
    2) Use a 3rd party FTP program such as FileZilla.
    3) Upgrade to Xara version 9.

This is an unfortunate situation that's out of Xara's control. They have provided a fix for the current version of the software, I don't know if they will go any further, but I would be surprised if there is a fix for older versions.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I turned off IE11

What exactly does that mean?

Xara appears to be using some libraries or features associated with Internet Explorer. It's not about running the software it's about the libraries installed by Internet Explorer, whether you use it or not. Something has changed in the installed files since IE11 was released and this has broken some functionality.

You really have three choices, I understand.

1) Revert back to Internet Explorer 10.
    2) Use a 3rd party FTP program such as FileZilla.
    3) Upgrade to Xara version 9.

This is an unfortunate situation that's out of Xara's control. They have provided a fix for the current version of the software, I don't know if they will go any further, but I would be surprised if there is a fix for older versions.
    I used a third party FTP and that didn't solve the problem. It did a few days ago but didn't with today's upload. I purchased version 9 and downloaded the patch and it worked. What a relief. Thank you for all your help.