Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

I think if you are an occasional user of ie then roll it back, if you simply must use ie11 then as John suggests; use a third party ftp, filezilla is free and In my opinion the best one out there. Also if you are updating files a lot (and I mean a few times a day) then the ftp in xara is very good, if however you are only occasionnaly doing so then use filezilla - or wait till the guys at xara sort it out.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

My Windows 7 machine just received an update to IE 11 now I get this issue when uploading via Designer Pro. I can upload fine via Filezilla. I don't understand why having IE 11 on my system affects how DP9 uploads to my server. I only use IE for testing purposes usually I use Chrome as my default browser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

OK - I have now managed to update my site using WinSCP. I found that I had to delete all of the site's files from my local disc first before re-exporting them. I also deleted all the files from the server first for good measure, i.e. started with a completely clean slate. Everything looking good now.

Since this seems to be a bug in Microsoft's software, I don't see how the Xara programmers can fix it. We will probably be waiting for a fix from Microsoft. Who knows how long that will take.

I doubt it's a bug. MS have just changed the way some things work so 3rd parties have to change their programs to fit in. MS have previous!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I don't see how the Xara programmers can fix it.

There's always a way to do something - they just need a little time, that's all.

Hi,

Many thanks for your patience in this matter and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by it.

We have been working on a solution for the FTP issues that you have been encountering and today have a released a patch to address this. Please go to Help > Update Program at your earliest convenience and try publishing again. Please let us know if you continue to encounter such problems.

Kind Regards
    Rob

Thanks for letting us know Rob and thanks to the team
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

It's fixed! The latest patch has cured the problem. Thanks guys for the prompt response and resolution to this issue. I'm using Windows 8.1 32-bit and Web Designer Premium 9 version 9.2.5.30583

I did the latest update, and it seems to have fixed the photo problem, but now I have a new issue. On a couple pages my buttons are not showing up and my nav bar is not "dropping down" as it should... Help?

http://luckypawsmn.com/dogboardandtraineastbethel.htm - Drop downs not working

http://luckypawsmn.com/puppyclass.htm - missing buttons, gradient on nav bar on left side and some text and nav bars from left side.

I take that back... there are still some corrupt photos after the update. see link - http://luckypawsmn.com/services.htm