Good evening,
Thanks for reading this.

I wish to know if it is possible to design your own mold form in Xara. Following senario.

I do a lot of design for engraving and most of the items are odd shapes that I wish to fill with design. I wish to engrave a name in block letters on a heart shaped locket. I wish for the name itself, to be in the form of the heart. I know I can put a mold on the name and play with the handles to sort of get it close to a heart shape, but it occurred to me that it would be real nice to simply drop a photo of the item into the file, do a nice outline of the item with the pen tool or shape tool and after getting a real good outline...to just make that shape into a mold I could save and use to apply to most anything I wish to mold into a heart shaped form. Is there a way to make a shape outline...any unfilled shape.... into a "mold" and not have to play with the preset mold shapes that are found in the mold tool? Any way to save it once you went to the trouble of making it?
I hope I explained this correctly enough for one of you to understand what I am asking. I had hoped there would simply be a right click on the shape and a menu button saying "use as mold" or such. Another menu choice with "save as mold"...that would put the icing on the cake... Thanks!