Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can a person sell their xara x1 and transfer ownership to someone else?
    If so I have a copy to sell if anyone is interested.

I wondered the same.

Macromedia for example has an online form:

Transfer of ownership

I also have a license for Xara X which I would like to transfer to one of my clients for free.

Is there any legal document to transfer the license?

Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

Personally, I would never transfer a licence for xara... I want to keep them all for me! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Default Re: can xara x1 license be transferred?

Topic rescurrect. For me, this issue became current when Xara Xtreme 4.0 was released. I had just a bit before that bought Xara3D, and now that the 4.0 has the extrude feature built in, I now have Xara Xtreme 3.0 and Xara3D which I suppose I don't need any more.

Can I sell Xara Xtreme 3 and Xara3D and transfer the license to someone else?

I am sure the answer is yes - provided it is done in accordance with the terms and conditions of the license - a copy of which should be somewhere in the program folder - it is for xtreme pro 4....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Do you really have Xara Xtreme 3 and Xara Xtreme 4 with two different licenses or only a Update from Xara Xtreme 3 to Xara Xtreme 4? Updates depends on the old version, therefore you can't sell older versions of every Software you own, if you want to use the newest version. You can sell them together (old version, including each update), but not in pieces. I think, in this case Xara is not different as the licenses of each software product.

Remi

very good point - also I checked in xara 3D folder for license and couldn't actually find a copy...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well I have now two licenses for xara3d6 ofcourse, how does one go about
    tranferring one, like say, to my brother?
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Xtreme EULA say's

You are permitted to:

4. transfer the Software (complete with all its associated documentation) and this license to another person provided he has agreed to accept the terms of this Agreement and you contemporaneously transfer all copies of the Software you have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this license shall automatically terminate. The transferor does not retain any rights under this Agreement in respect of the transferred Software or license.
    I don't use (and have never installed) my Xara 3D cd, but I doubt any Xara software EULA would be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Do you really have Xara Xtreme 3 and Xara Xtreme 4 with two different licenses or only a Update from Xara Xtreme 3 to Xara Xtreme 4?
    Not sure about this, but I don't think that version 4 is an update. Everyone bought a full version at a reduced price, because they already owned a previous version, I don't think that legally anyone has bought an upgrade. I would be interested to hear Xara's take on this, as I would like to install my 3.2 disc on my childrens computer, as I have removed it from mine.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.