Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Update of my website?

I've done a major update of my website and it works on the computer but not when I have sent it to the server.

Default Re: Update of my website?

Hi Lindell.

You've not given anyone anything to go on, or anything to look at?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
    I've done a major update of my website and it works on the computer but not when I have sent it to the server.
    Hi Lindell,

I am having a similar issue. I upgraded my Xara software to Xara Designer Pro X9. Not long after my upgrade, when I try to update one of my websites, both the text and graphics do not fully load. I contacted my web host provider about the issue. They said when incomplete uploads occur it sometimes is because the images were not uploaded in "binary" and text was not uploaded in "ASCII" format. However, always in the past, this was done automatically in Xara and I didn't worry about formats. I don't know if something has changed in Xara Designer Pro X9 or not? I just thought I would share with you what I have experienced and wish I could get some answers on what might be happening.

Not a website with many pages, but, I've been uploading pages with 99% images and I've not had any problems.
    I'm using Designer Pro X9 and using its upload feature, rather than an FTP programme such as CuteFTP.

Good feedback, warburd.

I'm sure others will come along with suggestions.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thank you for your help. I tried to update with Xara 7 premium and it did not work, but in Xara 7 has better control over where files are located. Then I updated with FileZilla FTP program and then it worked.
    Have you or anyone any idea what is wrong. Xara has worked in the past, maybe an update or reinstallation helps.
    Excuse my English, it is a translation of Google.

Thank you for your help. I tried to update with Xara 7 premium and it did not work, but in Xara 7 has better control over where files are located. Then I updated with FileZilla FTP program and then it worked.
    Have you or anyone any idea what is wrong. Xara has worked in the past, maybe an update or re-installation helps.
    Excuse my English, it is a translation of Google.

Hi try to use Core FTP, it's easy to use and it's free.
    I did uploaded all my site which is about 70 pages didn't have any problems :
    Painters And Decorators Chiswick