I might add Serif Pages Plus to that list of text heavy contenders. It is very similar feel to Indesign but probably like cs3-4 with a face lift. CorelDraw is a vector program that in there current edition added text heavy tools. Its sort of sad having a drawing program that just decided to add DTP beat out a dedicated DTP.

I can understand some if Page and Layout designer is not perfect but I would hope that when combined into their flagship Designer x9 it they would bring more text tools to the table. Currently im not even sure why Xara Designer exists. Is there some bonus features im not aware of in the bundle. It is actually slightly more expensive than the 3 separate parts. Bundles generally reduce total price and give a few bonuses. Xaras bundle costs more and with no bonuses? I would expect it to cost less for the shear fact of repeated functions from 1 program to an other and for them saving the time of processing/shipping 3 products instead of 1. Designer should offer some kind of incentive.