Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Time delay to show elements in Xara

Hello Every body !

Someone know i can determine a time to show an element (button) in Xara. Exemple set 5 sec to show a button (after an animation) ?

Thanks.

Default Re: Time delay to show elements in Xara

I reply mysefl! I thinks it will be done with Presentation steps and autoplay fonction wuith time...

Thanks !

After testing... that make desapear an ifram that i need... Then this is not te solution...$

If someone have another... welcome !

Thanks

Giraf, before I assist, what have you done about http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...t=#post474416? Did it work for you?

Acorn

I have a question for the wider community.
    How do you detect the end of an animation?

In the meantime, here is a trivial delay event that presents a Named button taking 4 seconds: ButtonDelay.web

The key Page head code is
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[
      jQuery.noConflict();
      jQuery(document).ready(function() {
        jQuery('#buttonId').hide();
        jQuery('#buttonId').show(4000);
      });
    // ]]>
    </script>
    , where you Name your element (or button) and change the default from "buttonId".

My community Q is around activating the show, not on document load, but animation end.

Acorn

Cool solution, THANKS !

How do you make the stretch effect ? How can I do to set time without the stretch effect ?
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    In the meantime, here is a trivial delay event that presents a Named button taking 4 seconds: ButtonDelay.web

The key Page head code is
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">// <=!=[=C=D=A=T=A=[
      jQuery.noConflict();
      jQuery(document).ready(function() {
        jQuery('#buttonId').hide();
        jQuery('#buttonId').show(4000);
      });
    // ]=]=>
    </script>
    , where you Name your element (or button) and change the default from "buttonId".
    Hi Acorn,
    I would like to use this script you posted to let image captions appear a tad later than the image (using Designer 10 – so the Reveal web-animation isn't available).
    Unfortunately I can't get the sample file you posted to work, all I see is the red dot. The button remains hidden, unless I set the time to 0. Does the script still work
    on your end?

Quote Originally Posted by hoja View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    I would like to use this script you posted to let image captions appear a tad later than the image (using Designer 10 – so the Reveal web-animation isn't available).
    Unfortunately I can't get the sample file you posted to work, all I see is the red dot. The button remains hidden, unless I set the time to 0. Does the script still work
    on your end?
    hoja, no it doesn't so here's a newer version: http://acorn.xara.hosting/ButtonDelay/.

It should work in v.10 (and v.11).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you very much for the updated sample!
    It works, also in my file – oddly however I get another animation. Instead of a fade (as in your file) see a visibility fade,
    combined with a blinky scale animation from left to right which looks a lot busier. This already happens if I simply copy your
    button and the placeholder into my workfile.

I'm pretty sure that this has to do with the setup of my particular file (Supersite, scale to fit screen option checked)
    but will need some time to hunt this one down. A fresh file with the same settings seems to work fine though...
    It's late here, I will have another look tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again!

Hi Acorn,
    I have tested quite a bit more but couldn't get the script to work properly. Attached is a simple
    sample file, here the script is supposed to use the script to delay the display of the caption (the blind
    text on white background). Each of the two pages previewed separately show the desired effect but
    when previewing the entire website things get messed up.
    As I was not sure whether one could use the same name again on a second page I have renamed the
    item on the second page and adjusted the script accordingly.

Still no avail and there's also a little printout that jquery didn't load. Could you maybe have a quick look?
    delay-test.xar