Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default full site display on iphone4

Hello! It's strange, but my wife's iphone displays refreshed site in zoomed mode, not width-aligned, as usual. I don't know what seems to be the issue here... Any help is appreciated!

Default Re: full site display on iphone4

Seems, that's this thread is an issue only for my wife. And me... And nobody knows the answer...

Simply name any object (right click and 'Names' then name it NoViewportMeta that should solve your problem
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thanks a lot friend! My wife is just joy-jumping. Now she and her customers can see site in full width on their iphones!

They can't pinch to zoom-in on their iPhones?

Quote Originally Posted by djax View Post
    Hello! It's strange, but my wife's iphone displays refreshed site in zoomed mode
    Actually, it's 100% view.
    The special name mentioned by skech results in the 'old behaviour'. The new behaviour (unwanted by your wife) was added as a result of user feedback who wanted the site to load at 100% view.. Can't win them all it seems

It's called User Choice.

Any person or software imposing their definition of "what is best for me" =
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I completely agree about choices, however Xara devs have to chose to make it one way or the other as default.
    Now, with the special name, we have both choices.

Not sure this is what I am looking for but I have a site that I am working on and it looks great everywhere. However on mobile devices it starts out large and you have to zoom out to see the whole page. happens everytime you go to a new page. is there a fix for this to the site fits on the iphone or other mobile devices?

PS. New to Xara Designer but am loving it so far.

What you are experiencing is by design and expected. It was introduced because iThing users complained that their sites were opening up too small (fit to screen).
    The viewport meta was added by Xara to fix this. Now, the other camp complains that their sites open 100% which obviously are too large for tiny phone screens to display forcing them to pinch to zoom.

You can't have it both way unless you create a site for mobile screen resolutions or use other software to create a responsive design.

In the meantime, to revert to the older method (fit to screen) select any object on your page and use the names dialogue to add the name NoViewportMeta.

That worked great. Thanks, Sledger