Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey Xara X-perts,
    I could use some advise or pointers. The challenge before me is to change the color scheme on an airplane in a photo. It is currently green/gray and I need to change it to red/yellow and orange/blue. I first tried it with Paint Shop Pro but I am losing all of the contours in the process and I don't know PSP very well.

How would you do this in XaraX? Is it possible with transparencies? I want to keep it looking as realistic as possible. I'm posting a cut out of both. If you need a larger view let me know.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    dafipp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swap.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	1983  

Hey Xara X-perts,
    I could use some advise or pointers. The challenge before me is to change the color scheme on an airplane in a photo. It is currently green/gray and I need to change it to red/yellow and orange/blue. I first tried it with Paint Shop Pro but I am losing all of the contours in the process and I don't know PSP very well.

How would you do this in XaraX? Is it possible with transparencies? I want to keep it looking as realistic as possible. I'm posting a cut out of both. If you need a larger view let me know.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    dafipp

Maybe a HUE transparency. You would need to create an object for each color, and then adjust the HUE. Rich

Hi Dafipp

Might be a tool or technique of capturing the basic outline shapes to save time, but beyond that it looks like a multi-transparency over base exercise. I can see around 15 – 20 needed to start with, on the sample you’ve show – a fairly big job I’d say. Saying that, someone else might come at it from a completely different angle.

Good luck

Steve

Steve

dafipp,
    You're never going to get an easy way of doing this, and the end results will not be as good as the original. Here's my effort.
    Egg

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	8713  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks so much guys!
    Egg, it looks like your results might work...especially the red and yellow. Was that done with seperate shapes for the two colors and using the Hue transparency?

dafipp

Search and Replace

Dale - Sean Sedwards has a plug-in Seach and Replace filter in the Xara Xone Shareware page that lets you specify a target color and a replacement color. You can also specify a range from one color exactly to a range of one color.

You could give it a try. Click here
    to go to the download page.

Gary

Thanks for the pointer Gary. I'll give that a try too.

dafipp

I finished my challenge of changing the colors on the planes. I now have a template that I can easily repaint the plane to tryout different color combinations. Thanks for the help guys.

dafipp

Name:	colorchange.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	13023