Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 2 newb queries

Default 2 newb queries

Ok. I worked around these issues but I'm hoping I can understand why they occurred.

I had a "bar" at the bottom of each page that was part of the initial template. Somewhere along the way of editing and developing my website (I have 4 pages so far). This bar, which was a repeating object, began to change position on each page. When I'd correct the alignment on one page, it'd be out of place on another.

I wanted to then STOP the repeating or turn off the repeating and could not figure that out. I though the bar movement had to do with my page settings so I made sure it wasn't a fixed size.

In the end, I deleted the object from all pages, redesigned the bar in a new page , copied and pasted it on the bottom of my 4 pages and did NOT make it repeating.

I tried looking at some of the possible options like Footer, Fixed position, but I'm Leary about setting some of these options.

What do you use as your page settings? A fixed width? Are there any recommended settings you experienced users routinely engage as a result of your experience and find that such settings eliminates other problems? I know I'm being vague but there are many options and sometimes it seems I lose track of what is on or off. Thanks and I hope I made some sense.

Default Re: 2 newb queries

Richie, if you were to start again, it would be create the bar on your first page, make it repeating and set it to footer.
    If you have variable length pages, the bar stays the same distance form the bottom on each.

To stop the repeating, right-click on the object to get a context menu. Select "stop updating" and accept the stop for "All copies".

Acorn

Thanks Acorn. I recall seeing the "stop updating" but to be honest, that name didn't seem to connect to stop repeating so I neglected to look it up. I'll follow your suggestions and your quick reply is really appreciated.

There are two things at play here. 1) A repeating object, and 2) a position specific object, a footer. You can turn off the repeating factor so you can edit the object to be different on any or all pages. The fact that it is a footer, will position it the same on the bottom of all pages.