If I understand the development of this correctly, adding a TWAIN menu choice would really just be a hook into calling the built-in software and then transferring the image back from either the clipboard or something very similar. I don't think it would be a major undertaking to "take away" from program development. I work with a lot of businesses that use a lot of software with this feature in it and the software is not very complex - doesn't have its own scanning engine or even UI, just calls the existing one when it's needed, and for those who use it, it's a big convenience.

One could say that you can resize a photo in Paint, so why add it to Xara, you could just leave the program and then copy/paste it back in, right? How about the table creation people have been asking for for years - yeah, you can create a pretty table in Excel then paste it in and it really works pretty well, but it would be nice to a. not have to have Excel and b. be able to do it right in Xara without any kludgy workarounds.

Just my $.02.