OK, It looks interesting and certainly columns, styles and page numbers are valuable things to have. However, there are a couple of other things that I cannot see mentioned. (This may be because I am lacking my morning coffee).

Footnotes and endnotes.
For long documents, especially those that are technical and academic in nature it is almost essential to have a footnotes and endnotes facility. These should automatically renumber when further notes are added or removed.

Table of contents. etc.
Serious contenders for preparing long documents have the ability to produce a Table of Contents with updated page numbers, as well as related tables such as Table of Maps, Photos etc. The Table of Contents in particular is very valuable in later stages of preparing a book when structuring chapter content is being done. It is not the ability to produce the table that is important - that can be done manually, but the ability to make changes in a book of say 500 pages and see almost instantly how this has affected the overall structure.

Captions and headings with floating images.
One of the great bugbears of using Word with images was that when you floated the image the caption would stay behind. There were really serious problems with keeping floating images themselves in place in Word. As a result many people went (go) out of their way to use inline images and this inhibits creativity. Xara uses text repel which means images can float but when I used it last (Xara 6) it was still messy to keep a caption in place with the image. Grouping does work but it would be very good to have the caption automatically coupled to the image say as part of the style.

Any comments on these issues?

regards, Erik

What is the situation here?

Erik