Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone know how long it takes to get a reply from Support?

I uploaded my .web file 10 hours ago and waiting patiently.

All I want to do is resize the background - at the moment they all have different sizes and they need to be edited?

I have tried to edit in an HTML editor but WD won't accept the files. Is there a plug in that enables the files to be edited in Dreamweaver. I read that it could be done.

Or alternatively - build a background in another application and import.

Default Re: Anyone know how long it takes to get a reply from Support?

Anyone know how long it takes to get a reply from Support?
    They are not robots who work to a rigid time table. Your query will be placed in order and be attended to in turn, like anyone else.

Post your *.web file for me to look at, I might understand better if I see what you are seeing.

Remember, Web Designer is not a HTML editor - so remove from you mind about editing HTML.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    They are not robots who work to a rigid time table. Your query will be placed in order and be attended to in turn, like anyone else.

Post your *.web file for me to look at, I might understand better if I see what you are seeing.

Remember, Web Designer is not a HTML editor - so remove from you mind about editing HTML.
    I am not looking at the .web file I am looking at the element on different pages and they all have different sizes according to the page size, the width is always the same but the length differs by 300/400 px. I can post you the .web file and maybe you can see.

Problem is the background doesn't stay the same or adjust with the page size, if I could instruct the page to keep a relative distance from the pasteboard background the problem would be solved.

So I will send you the index,html.web file - can I upload it? It is 3.something mb?

I can do it now.
    Last edited by Alisanos; 25 June 2013 at 10:53 PM.

I am looking for where to upload attachment?

Found it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I didn't export before I sent - I have spent the last couple of hours, deleting the background and starting it over, but all to no avail. it still doesn't give any consistency to the page element.

So the export file will be somewhere near 3 hours old.

Element on index looks like this - <canvas id="xr_bcv" style="top:0; left:0; position:absolute;" width="1343" height="1242"></canvas>

Page 2 - <canvas id="xr_bcv" style="top:0; left:0; position:absolute;" width="1343" height="1046"></canvas>

Page 3 - <canvas id="xr_bcv" style="top:0; left:0; position:absolute;" width="1343" height="1046"></canvas>

Page 4 - <canvas id="xr_bcv" style="top:0; left:0; position:absolute;" width="1343" height="949"></canvas>

Page 5 - <canvas id="xr_bcv" style="top:0; left:0; position:absolute;" width="1343" height="839"></canvas>

Page 6 - <canvas id="xr_bcv" style="top:0; left:0; position:absolute;" width="1343" height="839"></canvas>

Page 7 - <canvas id="xr_bcv" style="top:0; left:0; position:absolute;" width="1343" height="932"></canvas>

Despite the differences the last 6 have a 20px gap from page to bottom of background and the index has a gap of 200+px

I would like to get consistency about 4 inches between page and background end.

The Canvas size should be fine set at "height= "1100" absolute and set to auto preferably.
    Last edited by Alisanos; 25 June 2013 at 11:19 PM.

If you are referring to the space between the page footer and the browser frame being larger on the Home page, this is due to the Portrait Widget bounding area.
    You see, this is a two row widget which you have changed to a single row by changing the column count to 6. As there are only 6 images, the widget changes to one row and adjusts the thumbnail sizes to accommodate the width of the widget bounding area thus causing the height problem you note.
    Unfortunately, the widget does not adjust to reduce the bounding height which results in empty space below it.
    You can easily see this by;
    [a] removing the widget and re-exporting the page and seeing the issue resolved
    [b] increase the height of the home page then select the widget in your design and pressing a colour swatch to reveal it's full bounding area or
    [c] In multipage view, select the widget on the home page to reveal the [Widget: Edit [X] ] control which appears part way down the next page in the designer view.

This would likely be a bug in the widget.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	widget.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	96831

EDIT: You posted while I was inspecting and writing. Hope the above helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If you are referring to the space between the page footer and the browser frame being larger on the Home page, this is due to the Portrait Widget bounding area.
    You see, this is a two row widget which you have changed to a single row by changing the column count to 6. As there are only 6 images, the widget changes to one row and adjusts the thumbnail sizes to accommodate the width of the widget bounding area thus causing the height problem you note.
    Unfortunately, the widget does not adjust to reduce the bounding height which results in empty space below it.
    You can easily see this by;
    [a] removing the widget and re-exporting the page and seeing the issue resolved
    [b] increase the height of the home page then select the widget in your design and pressing a colour swatch to reveal it's full bounding area or
    [c] In multipage view, select the widget on the home page to reveal the [Widget: Edit [X] ] control which appears part way down the next page in the designer view.

This would likely be a bug in the widget.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	widget.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	96831

EDIT: You posted while I was inspecting and writing. Hope the above helps.
    Thanks for the info - will try that - I un-grouped the widget from the page because it was causing problems so I will see what happens.

Thanks for your efforts, appreciated.

I will let you know if it works tomorrow - sweet dreams.

Regards

PS: If it is the widget then I am happy - that is easily enough sorted, Thanks again.

Well it works here.
    All you need to do is remove the widget or place it higher in the 'page area' so that the bounds of the widget are inside the page area.

Well it worked Sledger - the Widget was the cause, I would still like to increase the distance between footer/page end to end of the Canvas/ container.

That's not so important right now, I will have to find or build a decent photo widget, maybe? I can import one - I have a few from different projects so I will try one of those.

Problem with that widget wherever it is moved it takes up lots of space for such a tiny photo display unit.

If you have any ideas of how I can increase the page end and the spacing between the 'Container' please let me know.

Regards

DT

Thanks again