Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Linking to pdf files

How do I generate a folder, place pdf files in it and then link to them?

Been awhile since I was in this forum, so I hope someone can give me a hint or two. Thanks!

-Dr. Bob

Default Re: Linking to pdf files

Drag each of your PDF files onto your Xara page and click the Add Link button. Export the site. Job done, as the PDFs are now in the index_htm_files folder.
    What I usually then do is delete the PDF icons and add my own linked text or buttons and recover the PDF filename from Web Properties > Link > Link to file (PDF, ...).

If you have control over where your site is published: on the server create a folder, upload all your PDFs there.
    In Xara, create a text or button link and in the Web Properties > Link > Link to Web (...) address, you would enter the relative path to the folder and each PDF filename.

Acorn

You can also use the Website Properties > Link To > Link to PDF option and browse to the location of the PDF. Xara makes a copy of the PDF and add it to the index_htm_files folder when you publish your site.

thanks, acorn. glad to see you are still active and solving my problems...

-Dr. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Drag each of your PDF files onto your Xara page and click the Add Link button. Export the site. Job done, as the PDFs are now in the index_htm_files folder.
    What I usually then do is delete the PDF icons and add my own linked text or buttons and recover the PDF filename from Web Properties > Link > Link to file (PDF, ...).

If you have control over where your site is published: on the server create a folder, upload all your PDFs there.
    In Xara, create a text or button link and in the Web Properties > Link > Link to Web (...) address, you would enter the relative path to the folder and each PDF filename.

Acorn

Thanks Priester. Again, you and Acorn have come to my rescue. I hope you guys are getting paid "big time" for the services you are providing...

-Dr. Bob