Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Web Designer book for sale!

Anyone interested in purchasing Xara Website Design book at a discounted price of £30.00 delivered? This book is in immaculate 'as new' condition and I have only had it four days. It can be sent anywhere in the UK and I will accept bank transfer or Paypal gift.

Please PM me for anymore details. The reason for selling, I am returning to Serif WebPlus X6.

Thanks
    Graham

Default Re: Xara Web Designer book for sale!

Good luck. Hate to see you go.

I have only had it four days.

It must be pretty bad if you end up using Serif WebPlus after reading it..

Perhaps a bit of chill-out time before jumping ship?

Thanks for the kind words and all your help Gary, appreciated.

Paul, I have used WebPlus in various versions for awhile now and, I can say, hand on heart, in all that time I have not had the issues I have had using WDP9 in such a short time. I really got excited when we first installed it but, it all went downhill after that

Graham

I did not follow the whole history of difficulties you reported but the last dozen or so only seem to have to do with the fact that you have not familiarized yourself with the program enough. However, if you feel more comfortable with your previous software then no one (but you) can stop you from going back. Good luck, whichever way you choose!

I think the main stumbling block that you ran into Graham was you have made all layers visible and had selected the MouseOver layer to be the active layer. If you leave the Page & Layer Gallery as it is by default, with the MouseOff layer selected as the active layer then I think the number of things that you had difficutlies with would have been far lower. Hope you have another go at it before too long. Maybe try opening a website template from the Designs Gallery and edit the content within that.

Thanks for your encouraging words guys. OK, I'll give it one more try

Pete, you have been a tower of strength through my issues and I sincerely thank you for this. With this kind of application I prefer to jump in and construct a site from scratch or import bits from a previously created site rather than just use a stock template. This way I usually find I pick things up easier.

My first incident I had was with placing my content outside of the designated area which, with having limited vision I did not notice. Sledger kindly put me right on this and explained how to make a default template that would put future created content in the correct position; I was grateful for this help. I have never had this issue in any other web development tool.

Anyway, here's to giving it another go!
    Graham

And remember, we're here to help. That's Xara's best feature.