Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A question regarding buttons

I am redesigning an old website I built and re-building it in WDP9. I am using a stretchy button on each page with no link to tell the visitor which page they are on. The stretchy button goes over the top of the previous site's button but, when I preview, only the old button is visible?

Please see screenshots

Many thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Re: A question regarding buttons

A. Delete the old button.

B. Make sure the new button is on the MouseOff layer.

C. Why not create a navigation bar from the button. Then the current page will be highlighted to let your visitors know what page they are on? Select the button, then in the Website Properties menu go to the Create Navigation Bar tool. If you need more help, click Help in the Navigation Bar Preterites menu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	create nav bar.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	96712  

Hi Gary,

Thanks for getting back. I cannot delete the old button as I have brought in (imported) the graphic from the original website. I just hoped that placing a 'stretchy' button over the top of the graphic would do the trick? I have all the buttons created as a navigation bar its just I wanted a separate button (no links) on each page header showing at a glance which page the visitor was on.

Many thanks
    Graham

You must be able to select the imported old button, unless it is locked somehow in which case try to locate it in the Page and Layers Gallery, (look in the MouseOff drop down), then unlock the button and delete it.

By default, the mouseover button is used to indicate the current page. But this only works for first lever buttons and it does not work for sub menus. It should, but it doesn't.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	96715  

Posting your .web file is going to be the easiest way to figure out what is going on here.
    If you don't want to post it here for everyone to see, send it to Xara's support team at http://support.xara.com

Thanks, here goes.
    Graham
    Attached Files Attached Files

See your other thread with the same file.
    Several mistakes.