Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer (Silver) 6 workaround needed for lack of Eraser-tool.

Got free version in Dec from a website. Looked at it and only used 3D tool for results from PSE7. Now have started to really look at it and find there is no eraser. Thought it was due to stripped down free Designer. Found that eraser was not available in 6 anyway. I would love to know what workaround is needed. Thanks.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Xara Designer (Silver) 6 workaround needed for lack of Eraser-tool.

Hi Viewerx, Welcome to Talkgraphics!

The best solution unfortunately is to upgrade. I'm not familiar with a "silver" version I'm guessing it may be a MAGIX version. There is a new version of Photo & Graphics Designer available now and it has the eraser tool, or if you are in need of the pro version I would say wait there may be (this is an educated guess based on previous years releases) a new version of Designer Pro coming out soon. The current version of Designer Pro does have an eraser but if you are going to upgrade you might as well wait and get the latest version when it comes out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

The eraser isn't essential.

There are other techniques that can be used to cut-out shapes.

Perhaps you should give an example of what you are trying to do.

Many of us used Xara/Magix software for years and didn't need an eraser.

I think the version the OP is using is Web Designer 6 Silver, which is a free version pushed by Magix.