Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web Designer 9 Premium will not export to html therefore cannot update site.

Thank you Egg for the suggestion. Yes I tried that and after downloading a fresh copy of WD9, putting it on my offline tower and using a template and uploading that to another folder. I got the same problem. Don't get me wrong, the files all upload to the site OK, it is saving them file along with any changes that do not save, and when I attempt to export it, that is when I get the Access Violation and it fails. Are you suggesting that the template is corrupt, then it must be corrupt in every download of the software, and I cannot go through all the templates looking for one that works, or is that what you are suggesting? I would have thought that the technical people at Xara would be able to find and solve this problem far quicker than me. I keep advising them to remotely access my computer with Team Viewer but they ignore the request. I have sent them screen shots of the errors as they appear, yesterday I sent them copies and the .web file of the new site, they emailed me back to say that I had not replied to their request for more information. But I had a receipt from their email client telling me that my email had been displayed on their email. They had done this to me on three occasions now so I sent a copy of the receipt to them along with more copies of the images and the .web file. As far as I can tell, they are ignoring the problem because they cannot solve it and telling me I have not replied or sent anything is insulting and offensive because I have receipts of email delivery. All I can do now is shout, unless you can come up with another solution, I will look at anything as I do not know what else to do.

Default Re: Web Designer 9 Premium will not export to html therefore cannot update site.

The support team has been responding to you, but it seems that they have not received all of the replies you have sent. You can see all of the replies that the support team have sent and received by logging into your account at http://support.xara.com and click View Tickets, then the ticket ID (QVG-538249).

There was a patch released for Web Designer 9 yesterday which I believe will resolve the issue you are having of exporting your website. Please go to Help -> Check for Updates and install that patch update then try exporting your website again.

Please do view your ticket history, in particular the ticket ID QVG-538249 which they have been communicating with you on. If you still encounter an error when exporting, after installing the update reply to that ticket from within the Xara support site.

Thanks.

I have been having this problem since I became a user, (one week ago).

Building a site and have to use either FileZila or DW FTP to upload changes and site.

It's unbelievable really I have to upload the whole site for a simple change like an image or a block of text - otherwise the site loses graphics and info.

Does this software FTP work because I have been unable to figure it out after 3 installs to eliminate corruption.

Edit,: If using 1and1 put in the subfolder box the directory name such as /tinkertown.
    Last edited by Alisanos; 03 June 2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Solved problem

I've had exactly the same. Xara never replied to the ticket either.
    I had to go back to WD8, make the changes there then export the site for it to work.
    Otherwise AVEs every time I scrolled down or tried to export the to HTML
    For the moment ive abandoned using WD9 on sites created in WD8/7/6