Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default problem : shadow groups with no shadowed object ?

Hi, using WD6, have just encountered a new (for me) problem which keeps coming up as a dialogue box, stating: "Problems detected in document: Found shadow group with no shadowed object. A black rectangle with name "Validate_Changed" has been inserted in place of the missing object" (2 times). Haven't seen this before and it doesn't appear to be visible in my opened file, and doesn't show up in my preview or published web pages. I notice some references to the shadow tool & transparency in the help guide, but couldn't any simple solution. Can someone please suggest if there is an easy way to locate the offending missing objects or shadow group/s (I don't see any black rectangles in my file or published webpages). Thanks, Rikko

I have just found the problem (which was caused by some of my not so creative web designing) so please disregard, problem solved, Cheers
    Last edited by rikkoshea; 31 May 2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Solved

Default Re: problem : shadow groups with no shadowed object ?

I am not sure if version 6 has this, but look in the Page and Layer Gallery and look in the layers section. See if the layers section opens. If so, see if there is a shadow or shadowed object. If so, delete it.

Also, click on various object on the page with the Shadow Tool and look at the Infobar and see if any of the text and objects you click on shows a shadow setting. If so, click the No Shadow icon.