Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am playing around with the XX-beta since it was released. And I am finding out more and more of the good stuff.

Especially the 'profiles' give you great freedom and open up completely new ways to do things.

The "Radar Beam" below is noting more than a conical fill from black to green with some changes in the profile-sliders.

In this case, I set them to '0,9' (upper slider) and 0,24' (lower slider). And look how it completely changes good old conical.

To make the stuff around it and to animate it was a mere finger-training. All of course in Xara.

Has anybody else found out 'small' new functions that do great things ??

Wolfgang
    http://www.carpediem.at/images/radar.gif

I am playing around with the XX-beta since it was released. And I am finding out more and more of the good stuff.

Especially the 'profiles' give you great freedom and open up completely new ways to do things.

The "Radar Beam" below is noting more than a conical fill from black to green with some changes in the profile-sliders.

In this case, I set them to '0,9' (upper slider) and 0,24' (lower slider). And look how it completely changes good old conical.

To make the stuff around it and to animate it was a mere finger-training. All of course in Xara.

Has anybody else found out 'small' new functions that do great things ??

Wolfgang
    http://www.carpediem.at/images/radar.gif

Bravo Wolfgang... excellent example thanks for posting it. I did not notice that new feature in the fill section. Keep them coming.

Nina

The only problem is that the profile dialogs wont stay on screen! It is driving me insane that they blip away at the first press of the arrow!

I was hoping that Xara would adopt more of a photoshop pallette or corel docker approach to their galleries. like maybe, oh i dont know, remembering where i had them last? I haven't yet discovered any of the UI enhancements they speak of.

Nathan Heagy
    <HR>
    Blow Your Beef Away
    Cow Comics!
    Founder and Lead Designer at Amuses Me Games.
    Apple fanboy with much nostalgia for Xara. @nheagy on twitter

I don't know Nathan, the profile window seems to stay on screen for me. That is, I can nudge the object with the arrow keys and the profile dialog stays put. However, if I try to temporarily go into selector mode by pressing the space key, the profile dialog does vanish.

I tried doing this with the conical fill as in Wolfgang's radar example above.

Bryan