Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Once you've animated, you have export options in Xara

Hi csehz—

I’m sorry to say that there are a few things about animation in Xara that you do not understand. Most importantly, you need to begin with all your shapes in frame 1 and name the ones you want to animate; you right-click over a shape and choose Names.

The other thing is that you say you realize you cannot do feathering. Okay, there are several things not allowed in Xara animation; go to this tutorial page, read the list of things permitted and download the PDF transcript because you can take your time following along, unlike my video that plays in real time.

Now, I’m attaching an edited version of your XAR file, csehz and it will work now. What I did to make the effects not permitted work is to make bitmap copies of them, name them, and animate them. Although this makes a SWF that is too large for the web (see below), it will make a fine AVI file. I didn't know what you wanted to animate, so I just followed an instinct, sorry!

How do you preview your animation as an AVI? You don’t—you just preview it by clicking the SWF (Flash preview animation in browser)button on the Animation Gallery of buttons.

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files