Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Website not loading at home, but everywhere else....

Handrawn is correct. I was basically stating that I pointed the DNS to the correct hosting.... so the question of "did you point the DNS to correct host provider" is all. And..... no it does not load entering www or http. tried it all.... just no response at home. I called web hosting and everything looked legitimate on their end. He said it may be a propogation thing, that some can, and have, taken up to over 36 hours. I'll see if it loads today when I get home. It's always taken less than 2 hours in the past, every time.

Check your IE proxy setting.

Made it home and "booyahhhh!"....... It loaded right up. I guess it just took it some time to propagate. It's never taken that long in the past, ever. Thanks. This may be a handy answer to use in the future. Just tell the inquirer to "repeat the attempts for 3 days and then get back with us."...lol.

there could be many factors affecting how quickly web servers update - one of those things - glad it's now ok
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think it's more to do with DNS servers than web servers. It takes time for DNS changes to propagate and I think some ISPs cache DNS settings.

ok, but I'm not techie to me a DNS is a web server of a kind, so that's what I meant - thanks...Name:  exit.gif
Views: 127
Size:  3.5 KB
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

No worries. DNS is like the telephone directory for the web. When you type in a website URL, your computer has no idea where that website is. The location of the server hosting the website is found via a lookup of the URL on a DNS server, which then provides the actual internet address of the site. Just like looking up someone in a phonebook to find the telephone number.