Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default pressure sensitivity backwards?

hey all! my first post here, so i'm gonna make it count. I'm using Adobe Illustrator CS6. I'm using my Monoprice tablet and i'm having some issues figuring setting up my pressure sensitivities with brushes. I can go into my Calligraphic Brush Options dialog box, where you have the angle, roundness and size settings. They are normally set to "fixed" but you can change that to pressure and then set variations etc. So all of that works for me. I can edit how my strokes respond to the different pressures I apply to using my tablet. But here's the 'problem'. When I apply light pressure, the stroke is at it's largest variation and as I apply more pressure the stoke gets thinner until it reaches it's smallest variation. This feels kind of awkward for me. I really want my strokes to respond to light pressure with small strokes and heavy pressure creating big strokes. Do anyone have an ideas? Feel free to ask my anything if I left something out.
    IP

Default Re: pressure sensitivity backwards?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't use Illustrator much so I can't help you. But check back. One of our Illustrator regulars should be along shortly and might have the answer.
    IP

Default Re: pressure sensitivity backwards?

Do use AI a lot but don't use my Wacom very much in Illy. I downloaded the new driver for my Graphire 4 and tried it out worked well with calligraphic brush and it worked as expected. My only suggestion would be go into MonoPrice support and try there as I see in customer reviews that they couldn't get pressure sensitive settings to work in AI.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP