Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New to Xara webdesign, whats possible?

Hello all webdesigners, i'm very new to this. First i was very handy with iWeb but this program was not able to make a fullscreen webpage.
    Now i'm thinking to buy Xara.
    What is want as website is very simple (i think), a background (full-screen) and then on the above row the possibility to add photo's that every 5 seconds scroll.
    I am a house musician (trying to) so i have a few sites that i like.
    My question, is this possible with Xara or do i have to go to a full-time webdesigner?
    thank you all for helping me.

[links removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 22 February 2013 at 05:02 PM.

Default Re: New to Xara webdesign, whats possible?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

First time posters are not permitted to add links so I have removed them.

If by full screen you mean the website will automatically change to fit any screen size or format, then the answer is no. Xara is a WYSIWYG website design program. You design your website intuitively instead of having to code the site. You put things on the page where you want them to be and Xara does the coding.

There are widgets included in Web Designer and Designer Pro that can rotate a series of images, but only a set amount. But you can create a slide show in a program such as Visual Slideshow, or other slide show applications and add these to your site using what is called a Placeholder, a simple rectangle into which you can add code to have it published with the rest of your site.

Default Re: New to Xara webdesign, whats possible?

Hi there gwpriester, thanks for your tips and answer. I bought the program and now designing my site. If i have further questions, i know where to find you.