Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font Effect - Facunda

I have downloaded the Font Facunda in several styles Regular, Italic, Shadow. I wish to use it in a style used in the promotional blurb as shown below. I have Adobe CS6 Extended but have been unable to determine how to produce the desired effect. Could I have some advice please?
    IP

Default Re: Font Effect - Facunda

Give us a chance, could you please upload the "desired effect". It is done under "Go Advanced" and then look for "Manage Attachments" then there is a very simple uploader.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Sorry I am a beginner and still learning the procedure.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/s...attach/png.gif
    IP

As far as I can tell, it looks like the OP is referring to the style outlined in red. Font available from here.
    To be honest, I can't see how the effect is achieved from the fonts available. I think this thread would get better responses if moved to the appropriate forum.
    It's a bit out of the way down here in the basement.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facunda.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	94596  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

I can only see a file icon when I view your upload. If it is what Bob (Iamtheblues) has highlighted then if your not that comfortable with AI I would leave well alone. If you want a hand to do it I will try or I could do what Bob states and move the thread to Gare's - Font First Aid: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...id-Our-Mission It is up to you!

If your were going to do it in Illy and it would just be copying the word DISPLAY or put in your own heading. I would install the font in Windows:- copy & paste the font image that is shown in the blog into Illy and dim this image by 50%, all you have to do is to double click this layer and tick the dim box:- Make a new layer. give it a name, then type in your heading that you want.use Facunda Alternate:- with the heading selected and through the Object Menu - Expand your word and the Ungroup (Shift+Ctrl+G) and make a copy (Ctrl+C):- Make a new layer, name it like Outline, paste your copied lettering into this layer. If you do all that by tomorrow I will have an example to show you so that you can carry on with your own heading.
    Please let me know what you decide to do
    IP

Thanks for your offers and advice . I seem to be having trouble with loading the attachment. It was the very top centre style in the above thumbnail that I was trying to load. I also should have stated I am on Mac OS X. As I am not too comfortable with AI, I think I had better withdraw my request for assistance.
    IP

Don't even think of not doing this! Illustrator isn't easy, but if you keep at it, it will all make sense. I've only been using it seriously for about 6 months and I can now do most of the basics and some of the more complex stuff, too. Tutorials are the way to familiarize yourself with the program.
    I've attached a mini tutorial for you to accomplish what you have asked for, (just click on the thumbnail to enlarge it) and I've attached a .pdf of it for you to open with Illustrator.
    Good luck with it. If you have any problems at all, just ask. Either myself, Pete (Albacore) or others will be only too happy to help you.
    Illustrator isn't the most popular thread here at Talk Graphics, so you may have to wait a little while for feedback, but you will get replies.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offset.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	94640  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Silly me! I did a help for the one Bob marked should have waited.
    IP

You also might want to look at this vid. as it also might help: http://layersmagazine.com/working-wi...lustrator.html
    IP