Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi there,
    can someone please advice me as to how do I remove the
    tags in front of and behind my MM Graphic? It did not show in the trial version and all of a sudden it shows.

I have read something about this but cannot remember where.

Regards,
    Deon

Hi there,
    can someone please advice me as to how do I remove the
    tags in front of and behind my MM Graphic? It did not show in the trial version and all of a sudden it shows.

I have read something about this but cannot remember where.

Regards,
    Deon

Originally posted as a reply to the message entitled "No MenuMaker on Insert Dropdown"

I have those BR (break) tabs too. If you place the cursor just to the left of the tag and look at the code view, in Dreamweaver, where the cursor is blinking, you can see it is a <div> tag. One of mine looks like this.

<div align="center">
    <script menumaker>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="Graphics/topnav.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="Graphics/topnav.gif" moduleid="Harman (Project)\topnav_off.xws"*/</script>
    </div>

Back in design view, with the cursor one pixel left of the BR tag, hold down the shift key, then tap the right arrow key one time. You will see that the entire menu and the end BR tag are highlighted. In other words this selection (one pixel wide) contains the entire menu. Removing anything, removes it all.

This don't seem right to me but I am still waiting on Xara to answer my email.

support ticket number 37123:12644:0

Please see my other posts for more info about menus and Dreamweaver.

You can choose not to display the BR tags.

In Dreamweaver, press CNTRL+U, this brings up tre preferences page. about half way down the left side find Invisible Items. Uncheck the Line Break box. Done

Hi

Menu Maker does not insert the div. The menu has been inserted by you into a div. Im afriad i cant reproduce the problem you have mentioned.

try uploading the required files as an attachment and ill have a look

Thanks

Aha, that must have happened, when I set the alignment of the menu (in a table cell) to Center. I did nothing else. Pages that display these BR tags in Dreamweaver can be found at...

www.harmantelecom.com

Thank You for your help

hi after reply to your post, i investigated further and reproduced the problem. I contacted support and recieved a reply along with a fix to the problem.

Actual problem
    It seems that inserting <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"><script menumaker </pre> is causing the <br>'s to be displayed in the design mode of Dreamweaver. Altering the script to <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"><script webstyle4 </pre> does not cause this behaviour to occur

fix

They sent me an updated XMMDwExCore.js file which i inserted into C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX 2004\Configuration\Shared (i renamed the existing one to XMMDwExCoreold.jsold)

I then restarted menu maker and inserting a menu from menu maker no longer causes the br's to be displayed. They explained the problem will be resolved in the next update.

The javascript file is attached to this post within a zip file

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank You for sharing the fix. I have not tried it yet. but will as soon as I leave here.