Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default just a plain slide show

I am looking to make a plain slide show .....no controls ,no back and forward button.
    just one photo after another fading starts on it own and keeps going ....all the widgets have controls.
    also need to make it any size .
    Is there an easy way.

Thanks for any help

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: just a plain slide show

Sledger has a tutorial here http://xara-users.info/demos/fadein-slideshow/index.htm

I use Visual Slideshow http://visualslideshow.com/ which also can create a variety of slideshow with a range of options including a just plain vanilla one image fading into the next.

If you use Visual Slideshow, the best way is to use the Publish your show to a folder option. Visual Slideshow creates an index.html document and two folders, Data and Engine.

You need to create a placeholder the size of your largest photo, the copy the appropriate portions of the [head] and [body] to the placeholder.

The two folders, Data and Engine have to be uploaded to the web server.

I used a fancier transition called Fold on my website http://www.custom-stereograms.com/

Thanks Gary .
    Just used the visualslideshow and works fine other than you gota pay to clear the name,
    seems silly when i have got the slide show widgets in Xara but cannot do a simple slideshow with any of them and they all seem to be landscape too.
    I did try Slegers but could not get it to work .....not sure if it works on ProX.

thanks again
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Mike, I created the following mash-up in Web Designer MX Premium.
    Any Xara product that has the Web Properties > Website > Other >> Tick Presentation website capability will do.

To achieve the carousel, you need a transition timer and a return to start function.

TRANSITION TIMER
    In Web Properties > Website > HTML Code (head), I placed:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var pause = 5000;

function autoPresenter(){ xr_next();
    setTimeout("autoPresenter();", pause); }

setTimeout("autoPresenter();", pause);
    </script>

RETURN TO START
    In the last page (repeat), for its Web Properties > Page > HTML Code (body), I placed:

<script>
    window.location.href = 'index.htm';
    </script>

You change the pause variable to the delay in seconds times 1000.

I additionally have included a Placeholder widget on each page to offset the Top Border.

Everything else is pure Xara and therefore totally flexible: pause, index.htm and repeat were my choices and are not set in concrete.

As a Presentation Site, it gains from the use of left & right arrows to go back to jump to the next image.
    For others who are interested, you can embed a navigation bar or control buttons to achieve the control features that Mike didn't require.

Acorn
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you tried doing an animation in XDPX using transparency for the fade?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks Acorn.... all i'm looking for is so simple but i cant do it ...... just one photo fades to another and keeps repeating....your idea works but photos are all over the place .
    Maybe you only did the nuts and bolts to it just to show me.
    Not sure how to do it in animation ....just thought that would be like flash .

I could be wrong .....thanks for replies

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    I am looking to make a plain slide show .....no controls ,no back and forward button.
    just one photo after another fading starts on it own and keeps going ....all the widgets have controls.
    also need to make it any size .
    Is there an easy way.

Thanks for any help

Mike
    Try Frobee. It's free and works just as you want.

I tried your simple slide show but couldn't get it to work ....is it because i'm on Pro8 or i'm thick ....lol

Thanks again

Mike

Well, it works fine in my DPX (8).. So....?

Basically, upload photos to Frobee, choose the transition type for each photo, save and download .zip file.
    Extract the slideshow.swf, drag'n'drop it into your Xara page, use the info bar to size it. Done.

I must be doing something wrong with your script Sledger ..... normally I can sort it out ....but not this one.
    will the Frobee work on an ipad ...... if its a flash file it wont work ....Will it?

I am going to try your script again sledger ....just need time.

Thanks

Mike