Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy [PHOTO] How do you do these shapes using only Pen Tool in Adobe Illustrator?

Photo: http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/s...psde75df36.jpg

I'm only allow to use PEN TOOL. No shapes or anything else.
    Please teach me? I'm not very good. Hope you guys can help me.

The no.1 I have done. The no.9 just leave it or if possible to teach online, then please :D

Just teach me any one you know ^^ I'm happy to learn!
    Step by step please. Explain in easy way. I'm below a beginner ><
    Bare with me~

Thanks in advance.
    IP

Default Re: [PHOTO] How do you do these shapes using only Pen Tool in Adobe Illustrator?

There are a TON of illustrator tutorials out there, easily found by Googling illustrator pen tool, or similar.

Here's a tutorial I came across: http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials...hensive-guide/

You need to invest some time (and thought) into how the pen tool works, then you'll find that the shapes aren't as challenging as they look.

I guess this is a school assignment?
    IP

Default Re: [PHOTO] How do you do these shapes using only Pen Tool in Adobe Illustrator?

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    There are a TON of illustrator tutorials out there, easily found by Googling illustrator pen tool, or similar.

Here's a tutorial I came across: http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials...hensive-guide/

You need to invest some time (and thought) into how the pen tool works, then you'll find that the shapes aren't as challenging as they look.

I guess this is a school assignment?
    Yes it's a school assignment on week 1. That's why I know not much I'll take a look on the tutorials~ thx!
    IP

I can think of no better way of showing you how to use the pen tool than showing you how renowned Illustrative Designer Von R Glitschka does it.

Have a look at my attachment below. Click on the thumbnail to embiggen it.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the clockwork method.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	94118  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

I do hope there is no real need to 'bare' with you... [I am sure you mean bear.. ]

good one Bob - once you learn you never forget - like riding a bike...
    IP

Good one Bob. Also in your instruction sheet No. 3 you could use a circle, duplicate it (Ctrl+C) then place the duplicate to the front with (Ctrl+F), then nudge it along to the right with the arrow keys till you're happy with the position, then use the subtract method with the pathfinder tool with both shapes selected. Exercises 4,5,6 and 8 are symmetrical in shape so you only need to draw 1 side then duplicate shape and with the shape selected hit (O) Reflect.
    Now I know doing 3 the way I suggest is not helping you with the Pen Tool and I had a Pen Tool exercise made up but I am working with a new computer and not all files have been moved yet so sorry. Vector Tuts has a great page which explains the pen tool well: http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials...hensive-guide/
    Down at the bottom of the page you can download the exercise in compressed file form. If you want some help doing the last exercise on your sheet please come back as I am sure someone will help you here.
    Last edited by Albacore; 19 January 2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Vector Tuts has a great page which explains the pen tool well

Cough, post #2! ;-)
    IP

Sorry!!!!!
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

No worries Albacore - no need to be sorry!

Steph1206, do let us know how you get on. Everyone knows nothing when they start, so go for it - in design circles illustrator is an important skill, so really take some time to get to grips with it. Knowing illustrator will be a big help to you almost whatever you choose to do in the future.

My comment about Google was important - there is so much material around, getting used to using Google (other search engines are available) is an important skill too, because then you can jump ahead at your own speed because there's so much good stuff out there for learning software.
    IP