Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: html5 video?

Default Re: html5 video?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Video.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	93913I HATE THAT ROLLING SHUTTER! OH man that drives me nuts. Took me ages to find a nice consumer camera that uses CCD instead of that bloody CMOS.

Oh yea. . . HTML 5. . .

Let me look at it on my other android tablet. . . hmm. . .

Edit: Ok looking at your URL with your video. . . I get this little movie icon with a play button shoved into the bottom left hand corner of where the video should be. . . and when I press it. . . the icon moves to the middle of the video box but nothing more. :-( Dolphin, ICS.
    Last edited by Wegg; 04 January 2013 at 02:33 AM.

I have found a solution that is working for me.

What I basically did was edit the html code for the video player widget to make the flash player the backup player instead of the other way around.

It is a tiny bit involved. . . unfortunately. . . but now my video plays on Safari, Firefox, IE, Chrome and also Safari for iOS, Firefox for Android and Chrome for Android.

My code for the widget went from:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" id="retail_video_player" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/>
    <param name="flashvars" value="url=video.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=true& amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder= true&amp;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high"/>
    <param name="menu" value="false"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write("\x3cembed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" ");
    document.write("name=\"retail_video_player\" width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" align=\"middle\" ");
    document.write("src=\"index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf?url=video.mp4&amp;sound=tr ue&amp;loop=true&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=fal se&amp;swfborder=true&amp;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bga lpha=0.1\" ");
    document.write("wmode=\"transparent\" allowScriptAccess=\"sameDomain\" allowFullscreen=\"true\" quality=\"high\" menu=\"false\"/>");
    document.write("\x3cvideo src=\"index_htm_files/video.mp4\" controls width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\"/>");
    </script>
    </object>
    To:

<video width="640" height="360" controls>
    <source src="video/video.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    <source src="video/video.webm" type="video/webm">
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" id="retail_video_player" width="100%" height="100%" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf"/>
    <param name="flashvars" value="url=video.mp4&amp;sound=true&amp;loop=true& amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=false&amp;swfborder= true&amp;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bgalpha=0.1"/>
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high"/>
    <param name="menu" value="false"/>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write("\x3cembed type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" pluginspage=\"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer\" ");
    document.write("name=\"retail_video_player\" width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" align=\"middle\" ");
    document.write("src=\"index_htm_files/retail_video_player.swf?url=video.mp4&amp;sound=tr ue&amp;loop=true&amp;tooltip=true&amp;autoplay=fal se&amp;swfborder=true&amp;bgcolor=0x000000&amp;bga lpha=0.1\" ");
    </script>
    </object>
    </video>
    I did have to create a new /video folder and manually upload the .mp4 and .webm videos which is a bit of a pain but other than that I'm happy that I got it to work finally. If anyone knows any further optimizations please let me know.

Oh crap. Doing this disables the menu. (bonk head against desk).