Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question I need openion on landing page design

Hello Friends,

I have seen so many urls & study it but looking for help from your experince & need to know the basic rules of landing page design.

We know that basic thing which is not techniqual but it shold be looking good & will be benefical for the user not for only search engine.

Looking for your point of view.

Thanks
    Millard

Default Re: I need openion on landing page design

Welcome to TalkGraphics Millard

I am going to move this thread to the Xara Web Design Chat forum.

Members must be feeling shy today.

Your landing page is very important to your site being recognized by search engines.

Your home page Title should tell search engines something about your site. For example, if you're showing your paintings on your site, My Painting Web Site, OK, My Landscape Paintings Web Site, better. My Oil Paintings of the American Southwest, better still.

The page Description is important as well and often might be similar to the page Title.

Your page should have a short paragraph of text that explains the purpose of your site. Using some of the more important words from your page Title, and Description.

Also, consider why someone is visiting your website. We generally visit a website for information that is of interest to us. So make your home page provided a glimpse of what your site has to offer your visitor.

What is all comes down to is common sense.

Before the common use of tablets and iphones there used to be something called above the fold (something from newspapers) basically you kept all the important stuff above the fold (usually 600px) This still applies, have a very short description of what you do (7-10 words), a call to action and then the rest below that.

The rest should be a more detailed explanation of what you do and why the visitor should choose you. Then have links to the other pages below that (or to the side), for instance a little bit to entice them to look at your services in detail or read some more about the company (history, team etc).

then in the footer have the links to your pages so that the visitor doesn't have to go to the top again to go to another page, have your contact details on there and perhaps some social icons to link to your facebook or twitter page etc.

Also don't forget that the home page doesn't have to be the page which is the one listed first on google, it could be your about page or your contact page, so page attention to all the pages.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

If you check Millard's homepage I think you will find he probably already knows the answer to his own question, and more....

i agree - hi site doesnt look like its done by a beginner ??

http://www.esparkinfo.com/

cheerz