Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Window Box with Text Constrained within it...

Hi everyone. How are you? I am truly impressed with my Premium V8 Web Design. So much accomplished in 5 days. Being new to this, I apologize for this question not finding the right terminology in a web-based environment.

How do you create a box or window on your page with text captured within it. In other words, when the lettering exceeds the contraints of the box a scroll bar appears allowing you to scroll further down to read the text.

I'm trying to create it for a news/update blog kind of approach. That way as new info is added it's not growing in size which will have to force me to expand the overall web page.

Default Re: Window Box with Text Constrained within it...

I did a quick search and found this thread for you http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...Scrolling-text

Thanks! I'll read up on this thread. I figured there was a thread already out about it...just couldn't find it.

Man oh man...I can't get it to work. I feel I'm missing something. The text doesn't seem to be modifying after I update the placeholder info. Do they maybe need grouped?

I'll keep trying...

Try this tutorial from Steve Ledger at Xara-Users.info http://xara-users.info/demos/how-to-...ing-text-area/

Hi storeboughthero, I think what you are asking is for a placeholder to have text that you can easily update. If you go to this website: www.cradleychurch.org.uk you can see in the services section where I place the times of services which change on a monthly basis. I do this by opening a blank page (which can be sized to whatever length you want to accommodate your text. Mine is named service1.htm. I then placed a placeholder on a popup layer on the service times page and placed this in the htm box:

<iframe src ="service 1.htm" width="100%" height="100%">
    <p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
    </iframe>

The Placeholder then displays whatever I put on the service1.htm page which is easily done even pasting from word.

I also do it in the rectors message section which is pure text files he sends me.

You can alter the width of the page holding the text to an exact width of the placeholder so you don't get the horixontal scroll bar showing.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Hi gwpriester. Everything worked! Here's the funny...I wasn't previewing it afterwards in a web simulation. Did I mention I'm new to this?...LOL. So thank you for your help.

Hi Mentorman. I'm going to look at this option as well later today. Thank you for your suggestion and look forward to trying it out.