Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Crucial Service

Default Crucial Service

My PC has recently suffered a few crashes and I'd noticed verify errors when burning off DVDs. A RAM test revealed faulty RAM.

Normally, I wouldn't even have noticed this next thing and so wouldn't have followed things up, but when I ordered some replacement sticks (2 x 2GB) I saw the "lifetime warranty" label and looked back at my previous order.

I bought the original RAM across two orders back in 2007 and 2008 - four sticks of 1GB in total. And they also mentioned lifetime warranty.

So I contacted Crucial via online support and they fell over themselves to replace the faulty RAM. I told them I didn't know which stick was affected and they just said they'd replace the whole 4GB. It then turned out that they don't make that type any more and that they'd have to send me 2 x 2GB instead and needed to check compatibility with my system. So I suggested they could simply send the same type I'd just ordered as replacement and they agreed.

They even provide a freepost RMA address.

Crucial have just guaranteed that I will always buy their memory with customer service like this!

I'm not suggesting other vendors wouldn't be as cooperative, but just giving a big thumbs up to Crucial for my experience today.

Default Re: Crucial Service

Don't get much on the four USB sticks indivually do you?

I myself use a Toshiba external hard drive which recently saved my brotther a load of grief, time and hassle by letting him back the contents of his previous laptop computer up on it.

Not USB sticks - internal RAM

Wow.

Contacted online support Tuesday, received email with freepost address and return ID same day, sent parcel off Wednesday, got confirmation of receipt Thursday, got confirmation of replacement being sent Friday, received the goods Saturday.

That's good to hear since I always use crucial RAM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.