Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Movies Not displaying from Help Menu in Xara P&G Version 6

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I could be wrong but when you click on movies in the help menu, doesn't a browser start up to show you the movies?
    An internal Xara window which uses the installed version of IE in the same way as Web Preview does, Rik.
    This windows loads the site I linked in post#7

OK. I see. So what you're saying is that no matter which browser is set as default, Xara uses IE.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Exactly

Steve and Rik

Hi.Thanks for your suggestions and perseverance

Here is what I have done :

1) Changed my default web browser to IE8. Restarted the computer. Still no joy The same window as attached in my first post comes on and nothing else.

2) I looked up the Movie Menu HTML source file (see attached). The Href points to xaracontents/us/ and the relevant mp4 file. So I looked in the pointed folder and the MP4 files are all there. So it seems that movie files are all resident on the computer and does not need to access the internet to view.

Right clicking on the mp4 file and opening it, it plays in Realplayer. No problem there.

In the same folder there is also a file called player_local.swf. Has that got anything to do with Xara's movie player?

3) Seems to me that there is a communication problem between Xara and the program to play the file. Or am I wrong? I looked in the Xara Options menu to see if there is something there which needed setting. But could not see anything.

I can play all the online movies from Xara, in Firefox without any problems.

Bit of a puzzle this. Never had this problem before.

Thanks again

Sammy
    Attached Files Attached Files