Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Post XARA Brushes and Pen Pressure Setting?

Hi Everyone!I would just like to ask if Xara Designer pro 8 has additional brushes[were can i get them?] and how can i tweak the settings of the pen pressure?
    I love how accurately Xara works,but im having problems on how to apply Stabilizers or (wait how should i say this..)
    ~like,if ever i want to draw a complicated curve [like this one below] the lines just simply changes or arranges itself automatically.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	93076
    and also,are Photoshop Brushes compatible with Xara?
    any answers would be most appreciated.

Default Re: XARA Brushes and Pen Pressure Setting?

The brushes are the same and nothing has changed.

If you are using a stylus, you can adjust the settings in the Edit Brush > Scaling menu Pressure slider.

Unclear to your quoted question.

No you cannot use Photoshop brushes unless you create a new brush from one of Photoshop's.

Welcome to the forum, jsugeki. Nice to have you joining us.

Members have posted free brushes they'd like to share here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdis...2-Xara-Brushes

You can also reach that forum via the excellent XaraXone.com. Look for the Free Stuff button in the navigation area on the left.

Allison

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can convert a photoshop brush into a png that can be used in Xara in different ways but you will need a free app called AbrMate that you can download from Texturemate.com. Once you have extracted the png you can create a Xara brush with it, but Xara's brushes are only scatter type brushes that repeat the image along the path. Xara doesn't have brushes that are stretched along a path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by jsugeki View Post
    ... how can i tweak the settings of the pen pressure?
    I love how accurately Xara works,but im having problems on how to apply Stabilizers or (wait how should i say this..)
    'stabilizer' in xara is 'smoothing' - there is a slider on the info bar - but being a vector app it does not work quite the same way as it does in say Manga Studio or SAI

you need to tweak the pen pressure settings in the software for the tablet that you use - so to do this you will need to have installed their drivers
    Last edited by handrawn; 19 November 2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: fix quote