Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi, everyone. Has anyone tried to use a Menu Maker 1.1 with Frontpage includes? I created my navigation bar, which contains a submenu also and inserted the Menu Maker navigation bar in my include page. When I placed the include into my template page, I can see the navigation bar. However when I go to preview the web page in the browser, the navigation bar is not showing up.

Does anyone know why? Any suggestions?

Hi, everyone. Has anyone tried to use a Menu Maker 1.1 with Frontpage includes? I created my navigation bar, which contains a submenu also and inserted the Menu Maker navigation bar in my include page. When I placed the include into my template page, I can see the navigation bar. However when I go to preview the web page in the browser, the navigation bar is not showing up.

Does anyone know why? Any suggestions?

Ummm... Maybe you didn't upload the toolbar? Or uploaded it to the wrong place? I do not use Frontpage (two many limitations... Ran into half a dozen walls within 5 minutes of installing it. Last time I used it too...)

Hi, John, when you say "tool bar" what do you mean? It seems like everything is uploaded. The files are located in the root folder too. I went to a Frontpage forum and was told: "Not sure why, but Xara's WebStyle 4 (of which Menu Maker is a component) only wants to function at the root of the web (banners seem to be the exception), not inside folders which includes ah ... includes. I've tried this myself (in the header includes area) with no luck..."

I will try to find another solution. I use both Dreamweaver and Frontpage. I have had generally no problems using either programs.

Personally, I have not used menu maker with FP or Dreamweaver. I create my own designs and sling the code. My limitations are those of the browser and the computers they are running on... Takes a little longer to write but for me it is well worth the trip.

Have you looked at the code that calls the toolbar? Where does it look for the toolbar, that is where it should be. Look at the code for tollbar itself, where should the graphics be and are they there. Watch uppercase/lowercase. Windows doesn't care but the web does... Index.html is not the same as index.html

These are just common problems many people run into... I run into them myself occasionally when I have a stroke...